The background and border progressed well today. I started by sizing the background so it was square. The size I could make it was limited by a tear in the fabric. Here are a couple of shots of that clean up process.
Next I sewed the plain border on the two sides, trimmed that up and then put the top and bottom pieces on. Not too hard, just straight sewing and some ironing.
Here is what it looks like with the first borders finished.
Next step is to audition the half square borders I had made. Not all are alike and I wasn’t sure if I had enough. In the end I did have to make a little bit more of it.
Now we are making progress. Sewed the side black & purple half squares on, trimmed them and ironed them. Then added the top and bottom which are more purple and blue. Check out the final product. Turned out pretty sweet. Now all it needs is another plain border to tie it all together.
glad you are enjoying my project r
I wish I could look at your pictures.
oh no… i hate it when technology doesn’t work.